One of my favorite quick and easy brunch or snack choices is avocado toast. It is delicious and relatively healthy. There are many different versions of avocado toast however this is my favorite. It is simple with very few ingredients and doesn’t take long to make.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 Avocado
- 1 to 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 1 half of a lemon
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- Boil water in a pot and add eggs. For hard boiled eggs boil for at least 15mins. (you can boil your eggs to your preference)
- While eggs boil. Toast your bread in your toaster oven. Be sure to get the toast nice and crisp so it won’t get soggy from the toppings.
- Slice avocado and remove the pit and peel. In a bowl mash the avocado until smooth but still chunky. set aside.
- Once eggs are done boiling remove the egg shell and then slice the eggs into about 4 semi thin slices.
- First on your toast spread an even layer of avocado. Then top the avocado with your egg. Drizzle olive oil over the toast and squeeze some lemon juice on there as well. Then add salt and pepper to taste, a dash of each should do the trick.
This toast is super delicious and great for a late breakfast or quick lunch. Hope you enjoy!